Calendar of Events
Welcome to the Orono Land Trust’s 30th anniversary challenge. It is easy to participate, just print off the passport and start visiting preserves. Click here for more details.
2016 Spring Trail Day
SATURDAY, APRIL 30TH BEGINNING AT 8 A.M.
Welcome Volunteers! This is the 30th year for OLT and what better way to celebrate all OLT has achieved then by getting out on spring trail day to see a preserve and lend a helping hand. There are several worksites to choose from; stay close to home or see a new place. All job sites require good outdoor footwear and gloves.
- Piney Knoll – Leader Mike Opitz – meet at the end of Penobscot Street. Bring saws and clippers. Work will consist of clearing and perhaps painting the southeast boundary. There will always be Invasives to pull.
- Cota Land – Leader Gail White – meet at beginning of trail on Forest Ave. Bring saws and clippers. The east and west boundary lines will be brushed out.
- Newman Hill – Leader Jim Hinds – meet at the parking area on Putnam Rd. at CBCA. Bring saws and clippers. The trail down Newman Hill toward Black Pond will be cleared back to allow easier passage.
- Manter – Leader Dave Wardrop – meet at McPheters Forest parking area – Bring saws and clippers. The boundary lines will be renewed. Trails will be cleared of branches.
- Orono Bog Boardwalk – Leader Jerry Longcore – Meet at the parking area at the end of Tripp Drive. Work will be done on the boardwalk to get ready to open for the summer.
- Dorion South – Leader Kris Sornberger – meet at the parking area on Putnam Rd. at CBCA. Wear footwear and clothing for working in a wet area. Bring snacks and water. Bring chainsaws, saws, loppers and clippers. The far boundary will be cleared. This will be arduous work and could run past noon. Do not be intimidated.
Any questions? Please contact Gail White – firstname.lastname@example.org